Friday, October 19, 2007

Selling Houses on eBay?

I had a new property uploaded to my listing site, www.lockboxdeals.com, for $4,990. That's right, under $5,000 for a home. Not the downpayment price, the total sales price. When I followed the link, it led me to eBay!

There are many houses listed on eBay for auction, some with no reserve and bids starting at $1, some as classified advertisements that list a more traditional price. Has anyone ever tried this method for selling a house in a hard to sell area?

I've tried to follow through on a couple of the listings to see if the final sales price was comparable to a regular listing. There are also many ways to improve the ending sales price (Buy it now price, setting a reserve). There are also investment deals available. One foreclosure looks like it will sell for close to the Buy It Now price, but the property for $4,990 is still at that price with only 13 hours to go!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Really this is very good blog thanks for the time you took in writing this post. You’ve an inspiration for me. You know about the Gold Coast Real Estate visit at Gold Coast Real Estate